Header Ads

Heartbroken Shakira in New Ozuna-Assisted Single ‘Monotonía’

 

Shakira • Gerard Piqué • FC Barcelona • Ozuna

Heartbroken in New Ozuna-Assisted Single ‘Monotonía’

Shakira isn’t holding back and is as raw and honest as one can get singing about heartbreak and the end of what seemed to be a perfect relationship.

In her new Ozuna-assisted single, titled “Monotonía (Monotony),” a bachata track that released Wednesday (Oct. 19), the Colombian star starts off declaring: “It wasn’t your fault, it wasn’t my fault. It was monotony’s fault. I never said anything but it hurt. I knew this would happen.”

Shakira spoke to Elle magazine in September about her separation from her soccer player ex after Piqué was accused of cheating on the singer.

“I’ve remained quiet and just tried to process it all. It’s hard to talk about it, especially because I’m still going through it, and because I’m in the public eye and because our separation is not like a regular separation,” she said. “And so it’s been tough not only for me, but also for my kids. Incredibly difficult. I have paparazzi camping outside, in front of my house, 24/7.”

“I feel like in this moment of my life, which is probably one of the most difficult, darkest hours of my life, music has brought light,” Shakira added. When speaking about the lyrics for her song “Te Felicito” with Rauw Alejandro, Shakira said, “Everything I go through is reflected in the lyrics I write… when the glove fits, it fits.”

She also told the outlet that she has an album ready of music in both English and Spanish, adding that creating songs has been her therapy through this dark time.

“I’m really, really thrilled about … how gratifying the whole process has been for me. How therapeutic as well. I thought I was done with my album,” she said. “But every time I get in the studio to do, like, one line or something, or to mix a song that’s almost ready to come out, then I end up with new music because I feel creative right now, and I feel that is an incredible outlet for me to make sense of things.”



No comments

Powered by Blogger.